Sunday 1 February 2009

A Weekend away from the Slopes

This weekend we've torn ourselves way away from the slopes.

We've tried to go to the cinema, twice, and managed to miss the showing twice. We've made a new friend in the English book section in FNAC, yet failed to find a Harry Potter French audiobook, and ended up with the Jungle Book in english and french.

So this weekend has been spent with friends. Friday, was out with my French class. And Saturday was out to Sarah & Hans' flat for a few drinks; and now I'm writing this I've realised I forgot to take round their Christmas presents, 2 delicious creme eggs. I did buy them twelve but I have been a little hungry since we got back from the UK and I accidently ate the others which I do feel ever so slightly (very, Very) guilty about. Leo the German Spitz was on top form and insisted on Dan bonding with him by jumping up and kissing his neck, although Dan would hate to admit it I think he rather enjoyed it.

I think we've decided on having another party in February but haven't managed to nail down a date. This time round it might be a better idea to use a book that we don't use very much for a light prop rather than the French Dictionary and Nigella Lawson cookbook, as it was rather embarressing asking folks whether they had seen a 26.4 x 20.2 x 6.6 cm dictionary go walking out the door!

No comments: