Sunday 17 May 2009

Health eating

This week has all been about trying to eat healthily and hopefully lose some weight along the way. To be fair I think I was getting there until Saturday and a killer hangover made me resort to my last bottle of Lucozade packed with about a thousand calories. I really wish I hadn't as the 1lb I did lose has gone straight back on, but I do have until Wednesday weigh in day to re-lose my pound.

What have we eaten:

From Ainsley Harriott's low fat meals in minutes we tried the following
Lemon garlic chicken with coriander - tasted amazing
Roasted onion, rocket and percino salad - yum, yum
Grilled peaches and mint feta cheese salad - hmmm, I think I put too much lemon juice in the salad dressing

From Channel 4's healthy food site we tried:
Feta and pomegranate salad
Chicken with mango salad, this seemed to be Dan's favourite although I'm not keen on Mango and the day had been a bit ofa Mango disaster which put me off but it was nice.

Chicken Fu-Yung - wow, simple chinese cookbook
Fattoush - a middle eastern cookbook

Turkish Chopped Salad - defiantely a winner from the 2nd Moro Cookbook

As for next week I haven't decided what to cook yet, but it will definately be on the same lines and I might just try doing a run or two and see if that helps shed a few pounds...

No comments: