Friday 10 October 2008

Je voudrais ou Je m'appelle?

It's Friday. Yehaa!! I've been really looking forward to today as the weekend means I don't have to spend all day by myself hoping a tourist will take pity and chat to me. And this weekend it looks like I'll have my boy all to myself, the current plan is that he's going to pick up les patins so we can go rollerskating together, and the rest of the weekend we'll spend exploring villages that you can't get to by train?? Oh and maybe head to the waterpark - sounds like we have a lot to do this weekend!


So this week, I've been to three interviews and got offered one that I decided to turn down, and apart from that I've been exploring Nice; I've found that the Gallerie Layfette does not have free toilets pah, nor does it sell books. And just when I thought I had Je voudrais down and was starting to feel confident in one of my only sentences, disaster struck and I said "Je m'appelle un sandwich jambon?" Followed a couple of hours later in the bakery by me asking for Champagne rather than some sort of bread which may be spelt the same but is pronounced completely different. What else have I been up to? I've been chatted up in the laundrette, I've bought some baby books that Dan is currently reading me before bed and I've walked up the Chateau and I've bought a couple of postcards but failed to buy stamps.



Todays objective is to go and get a headset, buy some stamps and post some more pictures.

No comments: