Wednesday 29 October 2008

Pumpkins

I've been wanting to post all day, as I had so much to say this morning, but now I'm not sure whether I'll get it all out.


Yesterday most of the French people in the supermarket including the checkout girl were highly amused at my purchases: two huge pumpkins and a mop and bucket, but I didn't care, well not until I got on the tram later and got laughed at again...anyhoo Leo the dog seemed to like the pumpkin probably cause it smelt good.


Last night was interesting even if I might say somewhat disturbed! To start off with, it was "Il pleut des chats et des chiens", whilst we played like children making Jack O Lanterns to put on the balcony, both admitting that we'd like to throw pumpkin over each other. Oh I wish we didn't have carpet! Then after we went to bed, disturbing things began to happen... people, some may say "youths", began to holler and scream in the street and once they had finally dispersed (why the hell didn't someone call the police) the shutters started to rattle. I was convinced that someone was trying to break in - stupid I know as we're on the fourth floor...

Jack O Lants

1 comment:

angela said...

Maybe the wind, maybe ghosts! But don't feel complacent because you're on the 4th floor a friend who lived on the 7th in Cagnes was still broken into.
Don't mean to scare you but you've got to watch your back...